Before and After – 6 Months of Puppyhood

Neko, 6 Months Old

As some of you may remember, T-Hubs and I welcomed a new member of the family not too long ago. It’s hard to believe it’s been six months already since we adopted Neko. He was so tiny then — small enough to hold in one hand — and now, well, it’s hard to hold him at all!

Before and After - 6 Months of Puppyhood
September / February

It’s been an immense joy to watch him grow and mature. He’s learned a lot in those six months, from being housebroken, to walking off-leash, to conquering his fear of the vacuum cleaner… despite all the changes, though, he is still very much the same pup he used to be.

My favorite part of seeing him get so big is realizing all the ways he has stayed the same. I couldn’t help but notice how many photos I have of him, from when he was little to now, where he is doing the exact same things he’s always done.

For example, his favorite sleeping position:

Before and After - 6 Months of Puppyhood
September / January

Or the way he likes to snuggle:

Before and After - 6 Months of Puppyhood
September / January

Or how he pounces when he wants to play:

Before and After - 6 Months of Puppyhood
September / January

These things haven’t changed a bit. When we first brought him home, I remember wondering what his personality would be like — when would we know what kind of dog he would be? As it turns out, his personality was all there, right from the very beginning.

Before and After - 6 Months of Puppyhood
Halloween / Christmas

Before and After - 6 Months of Puppyhood
Hanging out with his best bud, Cody

Before and After - 6 Months of Puppyhood
Sound asleep on the passenger seat of my car

Speaking of things changing but also staying the same, you may have noticed there have been some changes happening around here, as well. Little Neko isn’t the only one moving up in the world… so am I!

Over the past week I’ve been working on moving my blog over to WordPress, with the help of the incredibly talented Sarah Kimmel (because let’s be honest, when I say “I’ve been working on moving my blog to WordPress”, what I really mean is, “I’ve been quivering in my boots trying to figure this whole interwebs thing out”). If you’ve noticed a lack of recent blog posts, that would be due to the quivering in my boots part. It took me almost two years of blogging to be comfortable in the space I was in, and packing all that up and moving felt like such a daunting task. At the same time as being scary, though, it was also incredibly exciting — this change has been a long time coming, and Sarah has been holding my hand through all of it to make the process as painless as possible.

Before and After - 6 Months of Puppyhood
No longer fitting on the center counsel (but trying to)

So why the shift? Well, I guess the best way of putting is, I simply outgrew where I was. Much like Neko, who no longer fits in the places he used to fit, I needed to find a space where there was room for me to keep growing.

I’ll still be sharing all my best recipes and cooking tips just as soon as I get settled in, here, so don’t worry. Everything should be smoothed out soon enough. In the meantime, all I have are adorable puppy photos… I hope you’ll forgive me.

Before and After - 6 Months of Puppyhood
The day after we adopted him / today

If you want to see more of Neko’s baby pictures, you can check out this post from when we first got him. I’m warning you now, though, the cuteness might be too much to handle. Click at your own risk.

8 weeks to 6 months

, , , , , ,

Still hungry? Try these:

10 Responses to Before and After – 6 Months of Puppyhood

1. Trice February 11, 2014 at 7:05 pm #

Awww Love this! Neko is precious!

2. Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen February 12, 2014 at 1:06 am #

Okay, first off, sooooo cuuuuteeee!!! It feels good to get that off my chest :) We got a new Boston Terrier puppy very close to the time you got Neko to fill the void left by losing our older pup last year. I’ve been immersed in puppy cuteness ever since. These photos are absolutely precious.

Congrats on the move to WordPress. I started out on WordPress but feel a redesign may be in my near future and completely understand your nervousness about the whole thing. It’s great to have a smart techy person to hold your hand through the process.

• Willow February 12, 2014 at 2:50 pm #

Thanks, Valerie! We should get our puppies together for a play date (assuming they wouldn’t break the world with their combined cuteness).

Doing a redesign is next on my list, now that I’ve moved to WordPress… looking a little sparse with the layout I had before! And it is definitely good to have someone helping me, because I would be completely lost on my own.

3. movita beaucoup February 12, 2014 at 11:43 am #

Welcome to WordPress. We’ve been waiting for you…

Also, Neko is so freaking adorable that I just about peed my pants. I totally want to curl up with him in your car. Or next to a fire…

• Willow February 12, 2014 at 2:46 pm #

Thanks — it’s definitely been a long time coming! Going to take some getting used to, though. And Neko is such a cuddler… right up until he (lovingly) smacks you in the face with his paw. You gotta watch out for that.

4. Amy @ Elephant Eats February 19, 2014 at 8:36 pm #

Oh my gosh, your puppy is so so cute. And he’s grown so much! That snuggle pic is my favorite :) Also, congrats on the move to wordpress!!! I know that’s a huge, scary step, and I’m so glad you’ve made it through.

• Willow February 19, 2014 at 8:38 pm #

Thanks, Amy! It has been scary, but once I get settled in I know I’ll be so glad I did it. I only wish I had made the swtich earlier!

5. Jennie @themessybakerblog March 11, 2014 at 2:10 pm #

Neko is just about the cutest puppy-faced dog I’ve ever seen. Oh my! My dog loves sleeping in the same position and takes up half the bed at night. I swear, dogs are the best!

6. Heather April 5, 2014 at 7:08 pm #

Wow what a difference! He is such a handsome boy, love these updates!

• Willow April 7, 2014 at 7:52 am #

Thanks! I like to say that when we got him, he was about 9 lbs of cute. Now, he’s 9 lbs of cute and fifty some pounds of handsome. Definitely growing into a good lookin’ boy!