The Casual Veggie is a collaboration of more than 45 bloggers — including yours truly — coming together to share some of our favorite veggie based recipes in a sleek, easy-to-navigate digital format!
The book features over 150 recipes, each one highlighting a particular vegetable. The veggies are grouped into chapters, and each chapter starts with some basic info on that veggie, including nutritional information, as well as tips for what to look for when buying, and how to best store it until you’re ready to get cooking. (Seriously, where was this book when I was learning to cook?!)
You can download a copy of the book by clicking here, or by clicking the image below. For every copy of the book sold through this page, a percentage of the proceeds go towards supporting this site. (Basically, if you buy a copy of the book, you will literally be putting food on my table and on the blog. Your support is what makes it all possible, so THANK YOU!)
“The idea for The Casual Veggie cookbook came from so many nights standing in front of my refrigerator wondering what to do with all the beautiful veggies I had bought. I’m what you would call an adventurous produce buyer. I get sucked in by the luscious displays of fresh fruits and veggies. Give me a big basket of green beans any day!
But I inevitably find myself wondering how to actually prepare those green beans. Not to mention, how do I keep them fresh until I’m ready to use them? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve bought zucchini only to find it ruined in a soggy mess at the bottom of my crisper bin two weeks later. Oops.” — Mollie Williams, the creative mastermind and food blogger behind The Casual Veggie, on why she created this cookbook
More about the cookbook:
THE WHOLE COOKBOOK IS ORGANIZED AROUND VEGGIES
- The Casual Veggie is all about celebrating the variety and diversity of veggies
- The book is packed with 166 recipes to help you eat healthy
IT’S NOT A DIET OR LIFESTYLE SPECIFIC COOKBOOK
- It’s a resource to help you eat more veggies. This is a cookbook for people who want to eat home cooked meals, using real food, with a focus on plants.
- There are a range of recipe styles, including meat dishes, meatless, gluten free, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- This isn’t just a cookbook. It’s a tool to help you live and eat healthier
YOU WILL BE INTRODUCED TO DOZENS OF TALENTED BLOGGERS
- The food bloggers bio will let you know their cooking style (gluten free, paleo, etc)
- Because the book is digital, readers can click through to the food blogs they want to get to know better
EACH RECIPE IS WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO IS SKILLED IN WRITING TASTY, CREATIVE, AND ENGAGING RECIPES
- Whether you’re looking for a snack, an easy lunch, or a filling dinner — we’ve got you covered
- They’re on your computer and in your kitchen when you need them. The easy-to-navigate digital format is perfect for all your devices — but fear not, the recipes are also in a print-friendly format, so if you prefer to take your recipes into the kitchen with you (and not spill all over your tablet), you’re good to go.
This page contains affiliate links, which means when you purchase a copy of the book, a portion of the proceeds goes directly to supporting this site. Your support literally puts food on my table and on the blog, so THANK YOU!