Looking for the perfect gift ideas for the food lovers in your life? You’ve come to the right place. Here are my top ten picks for unique foodie gifts.
I have a love/hate relationship with holiday shopping. On the one hand, I hate feeling obligated to buy gifts for people when I have no idea what they might like. That pressure to buy stuff just isn’t my jam. But on the flip side, there’s nothing better than finding that perfect something. That thing that makes you go “KAREN. This is SO Karen!” For me, those moments are worth the effort of browsing for hours and hours… but man, wouldn’t it be nice if it were easier to find those really cool, unique items?
Uncommon Goods to the rescue. I first discovered UG a couple years ago, and I’ve been obsessed with their website ever since. They have such a weird, eclectic selection of things (not just for the kitchen, but also art, jewelry, electronics…) most of which you won’t find anywhere else. Also, they’re just a really cool company that I’m happy to support, because they partner with independent makers, pay their workers above minimum wage, and donate to charities with each purchase made. (If only other companies could take a clue from them!)
With the holidays fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to share a little Foodie Gift Guide — things I know I would personally love to receive (*hint hint*) and that would make the perfect little gift or stocking stuffer for the food lovers in your life, too.
My Top 10 Foodie Gift Guide:
- Soapstone & Wood Ice Cream Scoop — gorgeous and practical? Yes please!
- Illustrated Gin & Tonic Glasses — whether you’re into drinking or not, you have to admit these are SUPER cute. (There are also other cocktail illustrated glasses available, like bloody mary or margaritas.)
- The Ultimate Bar Multi-Tool — the swiss-army knife of bar tools, for that friend who fancies himself a bartender. (Ahem, Jeff, I’m looking at you.)
- Tortoise Shell Serving Bowl — made from mango wood, I can see this making a beautiful centerpiece filled with fruit, or just the most stylish salad bowl ever.
- Copper & Wood Measuring Cups — again, stunning and practical!
- Hot / Cold Bowls — these bowls come in two pieces, an inner bowl made of soapstone, and an outer one made of wood. The soapstone will keep your food hot (think soup) or icy cold (ice cream) while the wood keeps your hands at a comfortable temperature.
- Wine Paring Dish Towels — red and white cheat sheets for paring wine with food.
- Neighborhood Map Coasters — cedar wood coasters laser engraved with maps of major areas (with many to choose from).
- City Map Glass — to go with your coasters, of course. These glasses are laser-etched with the city of your choice.
- Pocket Utensils — I’m pretty sure I need one of these on me AT ALL TIMES. Is that weird? Let’s pretend it’s not.
I hope this makes your holiday shopping a little easier, or at the very least gives you some ideas! Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go buy two of everything.
This post is sponsored by Uncommon Goods, but all opinions are my own. These items are ones I personally love or would enjoy receiving (and some of them are gifts I plan on getting for my own foodie friends). For more to choose from, go to uncommongoods.com.