Uncommon Goods Foodie Gift Guide

Looking for the perfect gift ideas for the food lovers in your life? You’ve come to the right place. Here are my top ten picks for unique foodie gifts.

Foodie Gift Guide, from willcookforfriends.com

I have a love/hate relationship with holiday shopping. On the one hand, I hate feeling obligated to buy gifts for people when I have no idea what they might like. That pressure to buy stuff just isn’t my jam. But on the flip side, there’s nothing better than finding that perfect something. That thing that makes you go “KAREN. This is SO Karen!” For me, those moments are worth the effort of browsing for hours and hours… but man, wouldn’t it be nice if it were easier to find those really cool, unique items?

Uncommon Goods to the rescue. I first discovered UG a couple years ago, and I’ve been obsessed with their website ever since. They have such a weird, eclectic selection of things (not just for the kitchen, but also art, jewelry, electronics…) most of which you won’t find anywhere else. Also, they’re just a really cool company that I’m happy to support, because they partner with independent makers, pay their workers above minimum wage, and donate to charities with each purchase made. (If only other companies could take a clue from them!)

With the holidays fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to share a little Foodie Gift Guide — things I know I would personally love to receive (*hint hint*) and that would make the perfect little gift or stocking stuffer for the food lovers in your life, too.

My Top 10 Foodie Gift Guide:

1. Soapstone & Wood Ice Cream Scoop — gorgeous and practical? Yes please!
  2. Illustrated Gin & Tonic Glasses — whether you’re into drinking or not, you have to admit these are SUPER cute. (There are also other cocktail illustrated glasses available, like bloody mary or margaritas.)
  3. The Ultimate Bar Multi-Tool — the swiss-army knife of bar tools, for that friend who fancies himself a bartender. (Ahem, Jeff, I’m looking at you.)
  4. Tortoise Shell Serving Bowl — made from mango wood, I can see this making a beautiful centerpiece filled with fruit, or just the most stylish salad bowl ever.
  5. Copper & Wood Measuring Cups — again, stunning and practical!
  6. Hot / Cold Bowls — these bowls come in two pieces, an inner bowl made of soapstone, and an outer one made of wood. The soapstone will keep your food hot (think soup) or icy cold (ice cream) while the wood keeps your hands at a comfortable temperature.
  7. Wine Paring Dish Towels — red and white cheat sheets for paring wine with food.
  8. Neighborhood Map Coasters — cedar wood coasters laser engraved with maps of major areas (with many to choose from).
  9. City Map Glass — to go with your coasters, of course. These glasses are laser-etched with the city of your choice.
  10. Pocket Utensils — I’m pretty sure I need one of these on me AT ALL TIMES. Is that weird? Let’s pretend it’s not.

______________________

I hope this makes your holiday shopping a little easier, or at the very least gives you some ideas! Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go buy two of everything.

This post is sponsored by Uncommon Goods, but all opinions are my own. These items are ones I personally love or would enjoy receiving (and some of them are gifts I plan on getting for my own foodie friends). For more to choose from, go to uncommongoods.com

, , , , , ,

Still hungry? Try these:

20 Responses to Uncommon Goods Foodie Gift Guide

1. Allison - Celebrating Sweets October 26, 2016 at 8:42 pm #

I love Uncommon Goods! I already have the ice cream scoop and bowls, now I have my eye on those measuring cups. Gorgeous!

• Willow Arlen October 26, 2016 at 8:55 pm #

Thanks Allison! Aren’t they fantastic? I find myself browsing their stuff all the time, and have to stop myself from buying everything I see! (I seriously need to get me those bowls, though — pure genius!)

2. Jenni October 26, 2016 at 8:57 pm #

What a great selection of gifts!

3. Just Jo October 27, 2016 at 3:15 am #

What a fab idea for a blog post – I love holiday shopping and am always looking for new ideas. I love the ice cream scoop and the hot & cold bowls :D

4. Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy October 27, 2016 at 3:50 am #

I would love all of these gifts. Those wooden bowls are adorable! I need them!

• Willow Arlen October 27, 2016 at 11:00 am #

I know, right? I kiiiind of want to buy them all for myself, haha!

5. Veena November 2, 2016 at 1:01 pm #

Love the idea of this blog post. Nice selection too!

6. Ali @ Home & Plate November 2, 2016 at 1:18 pm #

This is such a great list of products especially for Christmas. This is one of my favorite companies. I purchased their whiskey barrel for Father’s Day for my husband and it has been a great hit in our household. So many gifts to pick from.

• Willow Arlen November 2, 2016 at 1:31 pm #

Oh, that’s awesome, Ali! They have so many cool things to choose from. :)

7. April J Harris November 2, 2016 at 1:44 pm #

So pleased to discover Uncommon Goods! There are so many great ideas in this post – I especially like the city map glasses.

• Willow Arlen November 2, 2016 at 2:39 pm #

Thanks, April! Glad I could introduce you to them — those city map glasses are SO cool. (I’m glad my brother doesn’t check my blog too often, because he might just be getting one of those for Christmas!)

8. Platter Talk November 2, 2016 at 1:51 pm #

Love this post and all the great gift ideas! A couple things for myself, as well- LOL

• Willow Arlen November 2, 2016 at 2:41 pm #

Haha, I know! I want to order things for friends, but I might have to get doubles so I don’t just keep it all for myself. :P

9. Lisa | Garlic & Zest November 2, 2016 at 2:18 pm #

These are some wonderful gifting ideas! I especially like that ice cream scoop!

• Willow Arlen November 2, 2016 at 2:39 pm #

Isn’t it the prettiest? Every time I look at it I have to remind myself I have three ice cream scoops already… but really, I’m sure I could find room for a fourth!

10. Jenn November 2, 2016 at 3:41 pm #

I love Uncommon Goods and look forward to their catalog every year. So many unique gift ideas!

• Willow Arlen November 7, 2016 at 1:17 pm #

Thanks Jenn! I know what you mean — they’re always getting fun new things!